Pure Expander, capable of anything from mild expansion to hard noise-gating, is a versatile tool for cleaning up spillage from recordings, remove noise or reverb, leakage from drum sessions or microphone bleed. By reducing the gain below threshold, it gives you full control over the material making it easy to tighten up the mix and reduce any unwanted low-lever clutter.
In addition to the common controls on a dynamics processor; ratio, attack, release, Pure Expander offers control over the fundamental characteristics of the dynamics processing, all in order to provide full control over the processing even in the most demanding situations using the provided Envelope, Time and Detection settings.
– Extended envelope settings with full control of Attack, Hold and Release with Manual, Auto and Advanced release modes.
– Zero attack time for the dynamics processing by introducing a delay reflecting the attack time into the signal path.
– Eight different detection modes interacting with the time and envelope settings as well as with the integration times for the RMS detection. Includes specific “Feed Backward” modes inspired by vintage hardware architectures for producing a naturally “beefy” sound.
– Dynamic Factor – Amplifies or diminishes the extracted real-time dynamics information.
– Dynamic Velocity – Controls the speed of variation on the extracted dynamics information.
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output
- Generous -/+ 48 dB input/output gain range
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing
- Dry/wet control offering true parallel dynamics processing and for blending some of the original “peak” into the processed signal
- Phase invert of the processed signal
- External side chain support for AAX (Native & DSP) and AU ; in mono and stereo format
- Discrete peak limiter at the very last stage of the processing chain rounding off the peaks in a smooth and musically fashion
- Three release modes are presented; manual, auto, and advanced (with minimum and maximum release values fully adjustable)
- Auto delay function allowing for zero attack times by introducing a delay line in the processed signal
- M/S Width for controlling the stereo width of the processed signal
- Link Channel, provides linked/unlinked processing (in M/S mode)
- True bypass control routing the incoming signal direct to the output for a smooth transition between clean and processed signal
- Side chain section featuring a three-band equalizer to generate frequency sensitive processing
- External side-chain available in AU (Mac OS X) and AAX Native & DSP (Mac OS X & Windows) only
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing.
- Preset/Parameter slots
- Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
|10.12.6 Sierra and latest
|Mac Pro 1.1 & Mac Pro 2.1 are not supported.
|10 – 64bit and latest
|A graphic card fully supporting OpenGL 2.0 is required. If your computer has an ATi or NVidia graphics card, please assure the latest graphic drivers from the ATi or NVidia website are installed.