Syrah, based on the legendary algorithms behind the Alchemist and Solera processors, has since it was released been kind of a secret brew for many engineers. Syrah is designed to react in real-time to the nature of the input signal, making it an extremely versatile compressor with the ability to adapt to anything from individual sources to a complete mix. With its refined user interface, it’s a really simple and efficient processor for quickly dialing in compression with outstanding results.
Adaptive Processing Control
The adaptive processing algorithm in Syrah can be defined by a Mode setting parameter, which his is one of the most significant controls on Syrah defining how the algorithm automatically tries to adapt the processing to the audio material.
By selecting one of the two provided dynamic modes, a range of parameters becomes dynamic and will vary in sync according to the audio analysis, aiming at a result that is closer to the original material.
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing
- Dry Mix control (Dry/Wet with optional gain compensation) allowing for parallel processing or for blending some of the original “peak” into the processed signal.
- Mode setting to define how the adaptive dynamics algorithm attempts to adapt the processing.
- Boost setting for increasing the entire processing intensity, straightforwardly described – More of everything
- Thickness fattens up the processed material by enhancing the low level frequencies
- Inverse setting which inverts the final gain envelope offering particularly effect-full processing in a true “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” kind of way
- M/S Width for controlling the stereo width of the processed signal
- Discrete peak limiter at the very last stage of the processing chain rounding off the peaks in a smooth and musically fashion
- True bypass control routing the incoming signal direct to the output for a smooth transition between clean and processed signal
- Open Sound Control Support
- Preset/Parameter slots
- Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
|10.12.6 Sierra and latest
|Mac Pro 1.1 & Mac Pro 2.1 are not supported.
|10 – 64bit and latest
|A graphic card fully supporting OpenGL 2.0 is required. If your computer has an ATi or NVidia graphics card, please assure the latest graphic drivers from the ATi or NVidia website are installed.